Today being Throw Back Thursday it is a time of reflection. National Dance Week first started in 1981 and became a non-profit foundation in 2011. Many of the dancers, dance styles and even dancewear have changed our love of dance hasn’t. Dance is still a part of many lives benefiting us not only physically but mentally and emotionally. Let’s keep talking about and supporting the non profit organizations that promote the celebration of dance. The more we work together the more dance will be available to everyone.
- “Stop Comparing Yourself to Others”
- How to Celebrate National Dance Week at Your Studio by Maureen Gelchion NDWF Representative and Owner Astoria Dance Centre, Queens NY
- Dancing Through the Holidays by Anneliese Wilson ABC For Dance and NDWF Vice Chair
- My Story by Nancy Stone – NDWF Chairman and Art Stone the Competitor
- Giving Back – Drea’s Dream