Today being Throw Back Thursday it is a time of reflection. National Dance Week first started in 1981 and became a non-profit foundation in 2011. Many of the dancers, dance styles and even dancewear have changed our love of dance hasn’t. Dance is still a part of many lives benefiting us not only physically but mentally and emotionally. Let’s keep talking about and supporting the non profit organizations that promote the celebration of dance. The more we work together the more dance will be available to everyone.
- Why I support “A Chance to Dance” by Amy Metrena, MSPT Physical Therapist
- Why I think dance for special needs students is so beneficial – by Skyler Cordrey
- My – “A Chance to Dance” by Claudine Ranieri – NDWF Ambassador
- A Special Story about A Chance to Dance
- My Story Celebrating Children and the Art of Dance by Jennifer Gentile